If you’re a veteran of United States and own a small business, your activity can be classified as Veteran-Owned Small Business or Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business. These categories were designed by Small Business Administration of US in order to stimulate these businesses enter the world of Federal Contracting.
What to Know?
In order to be able to compete for Federal business opportunities as veteran-owned small business, first you need to follow the registration procedures. In order to get this status, first, you need to meet some eligibility criteria, including:
- be a small business;
- be fifty-one percent (51%) owned by a veteran or service-disabled veteran (“SDV”);
- have a veteran or SDV as the head officer of the company;
- have a veteran or SDV control the daily operations of the business;
- the service-connected disability must be determined by the VA.
You served your country, and now you want to establish your own business to increase your benefits. That’s great and we strongly encourage you to do so, especially considering the facilities that the Government offers to its veterans. Starting a Small Business can be pretty intimidating, particularly if you have no experience in this field.
Fortunately, there are various resources for Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Businesses (SDVOSB) and Veteran Owned Small Businesses (VOSB) secured by the Federal Government. Amongst others, there’s one federal agency that secures at least the majority, or nearly all of its contracts to VOSB and SVOSBs – the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). Having this certification would greatly improve your chances of competing and capturing lucrative contracts.
Proposal Writing Consulting
Finding a company with experienced professionals in proposal writing able to prepare exceptional content and meet the requirements of RFP solicitation can turn your competing experience into a pleasant one. That’s because they will dramatically increase your potential to become a federal contractor. A competent proposal writing team must be able to provide efficient solutions and give great effort to develop a top- quality proposal. Professional proposal writing consulting services for VOSB small businesses must include:
- A detailed analysis of your business capabilities to pursue the federal contract and perform the job;
- Exceptional capture management consulting;
- Subject Matter Expertise in Government proposal development process;
- Supporting services to ensure you meet all the required criteria in the solicitation;
- Review teams to ensure proposal compliance, constituency and relevance;
- Win themes and graphic art support